Aquaponics is a sustainable way to produce food without soil in your classroom!
Possible Guiding, Compelling and/or Anchoring Questions
- What does it mean to be sustainable?
- Why is it important to be sustainable?
- What do you think you could grow in this system?
- How could this change the world?
- Contact email@example.com for potential systems in your classroom. Having a system in your classroom is a great way for students to experience STEAM and truly explore different concepts. An aquaponics system provides a plethora of opportunities for an educator, through cross-curricular concepts, independent practice, labs, and experiments aquaponics systems are a great way to integrate STEAM into your classroom.
- Ioponics: Website with more detailed information about Ioponics. Through having your own system you are able to have access to a plethora of resources. Additionally, undergraduate students at Wartburg would love to schedule a zoom or a personal experience for your classroom!
- Ioponics video tour: Video tour of the systems at Wartburg College.
- Ioponics demonstration: Demonstration of how to set up a personal 3 gallon system.
Iowa Core Alignment
Submitted by Michaela Dehli