Structure and Function of a Katydid
A katydid in Central Iowa demonstrates a unique function of their anatomy.
Possible Guiding, Compelling and/or Anchoring Questions
- How is the katydid responding to its environment?
- What kinds of senses is the katydid using?
- What kinds of information is the katydid processing in its brain?
- Look at other species' systems or structure (human, animal or plant) and learn about what they do and why that organism needs that system or structure to survive.
- Create graphic organizers that compare and contrast different structures and systems.
- Research an animal or plant and give a presentation on the different structures and systems.
Iowa Core Alignment
Submitted by Karla St. John and Amber Fairbanks as part of their Iowa STEM Teacher Externship experience at Iowa PBS.
Location courtesy of Metro Waste Authority.
Media produced by Iowa PBS.