We are eager to showcase phenomena created by teachers across Iowa. Download and complete the Basic Phenomena Submission Template or the Enhanced Phenomena Submission Template and submit your completed template to the Iowa Science Phenomena email. All submissions will be reviewed using the Iowa Science Phenomena Submission Rubric prior to publication.
Please send any questions you have about this submission process to email@example.com.
Phenomena Submission Template Overview
Below is a summary of the sections in the Iowa Science Phenomena Template. Additional support is available in the Iowa Science Phenomena Teacher and Student Guide.
Please provide your contact information so we can reach you if we have questions about your submission. The name will be included in the resource credits.
- *Title: Provide a short name for your phenomenon. The title should be a literal description of what can be seen as it relates to the standard you selected.
- *Iowa Core Alignment: Indicate the specific discipline, grade, Disciplinary Core Idea, Crosscutting Concept and Science and Engineering Practices from the Iowa Core standard that the phenomena applies to. Identify potential alignments to the Iowa Core and highlight the standard that is the best fit to your phenomena.
- *Description: Provide a short description of the observed phenomenon which includes the observable science or engineering concepts.
- *Media: Link to video, image or other file format representing phenomena. Explore tips for capturing phenomena in the Identifying and Capturing Your Phenomena Guide. If your phenomenon is already online, please include the URL to the published work (video, image, document, dataset, etc.). Please do not submit work that you haven't created or isn't licensed under creative commons.
- Ownership: If not created by you, please provide an attribution for the creator, publisher, and/or copyright owner of any part of this resource.
- *Location: Indicate the location in Iowa where the phenomena was captured.
- *Guiding, Compelling and/or Anchoring Questions: List two to three possible guiding, compelling and/or anchoring questions that support this phenomenon.
- *Classroom Suggestions:Provide two-four suggestions you have for using this phenomenon in a classroom. How can you support students in their investigation of the phenomenon? How can this phenomenon be used in a lesson or storyline sequence within a unit?
- *Relevant Related Resources:Provide a minimum of two related resources. Related resources can include links to supporting websites, curriculum materials, lesson plans, additional background material, etc. As appropriate, please include relevant details on what the resource provides that supports the phenomena. Use the following table to capture your ideas.
Agreement of Terms of Service
By emailing this form to firstname.lastname@example.org, you acknowledge that you have read and agree to the Iowa PBS website terms of service.
Evaluation of Submitted Phenomena
All submitted phenomena will be evaluated using the Iowa Science Phenomena Submission Rubric. Evaluators will complete this rubric using the information submitted in the form and will determine if the phenomenon is acceptable for publication or if it needs revisions. Feedback will be provided for submissions that need to be revised and resubmitted.